Enter this magnificent and exciting world of painting the walls of your house in a ‘Do It Yourself’ manner! If you are thinking of doing something exactly like this, you are at the right place, to begin with. Painting jobs can get taxing and tiring, they also need to be done with precision so that one would not have to repeat the whole ordeal over and over again. However, you do not need to take much stress before undertaking this project. Especially with DIY, it is supposed to be a task that everyone enjoys and not something tedious.
Here are the steps that you can follow to have your plan of action in place before starting a painting project at your home.
- Plan it well – Start by thinking about the finished product and remember that your creativity can jump leaps and bounds and need not be stopped at a single colour. Choose a room colour combination of different (multiple) colours or as you please. You can also accent a few parts of the room by painting them in different shades.
- Choose the colours – Choosing from a shade card with several colours can get overwhelming, therefore you can begin with a broad question – warm, cool, or neutral shades? Take guidance from the existing furniture to help choose the hues for the room. You can also sample test the look you may get and check it out in different lights (day and night)
- The right tools and materials – The next thing to do would be to understand what all you might need so you can get them all in one place and not keep running out. Get all the essentials from paints, rollers, brushes, rough clothes, sandpaper, tape, etc. Also, get a correct estimate of the amount of paint you might need.
- Prep the walls and room – This is one of the most important steps as you do not want to cause any damage to the existing furniture in the room. Prep them by covering them with rags or blankets or shift them to another room entirely. Put the masking tape on the switchboards, corners, edges, or other appliances to protect them from paint splashes
- Painting and art – If you do not want a monochrome look or want to spice it up just a little bit, choose simple wall painting art designs for the room that may enhance and up the ambiance even more. These designs can be of any kind and you can pick and choose from a plethora of them. Choose to mix up your paints and add them to the wall designs or you can even use them on a plain background for an added effect.
- Painting techniques – Once you have finished deciding and mixing your paints, you can work from the top down. Start with the ceilings. Alternatively, choose to paint the lighter colours first. In that case, even if there are splashes on the other parts of the wall, the darker shades can cover them up.
- Post the paint job – Do not forget to ventilate your room. The paint needs to dry entirely and that can happen fast and efficiently when there is ample air in the room. A pro tip could also be to paint in the summer months rather than rains or winter as drying up the paint takes much longer during damp days. Clean up well by removing the tape and rags
Enjoy the DIY paint project and have the ambiance look brilliant.