Last year, the world collectively experienced a halt it had never before. Covid-19 shook the day-to-day of all industries with such an intensity that all processes, work and education had no option but to be shifted online. Online lectures and work from home ensured that no matter what happens, the essential processes of learning and working will never take a break. Thanks to technology, education in management sailed through these tough times with online MBA courses becoming commonplace.
MBA is one of the most sought-after courses in the business management and administration sector. The course introduces an individual to in-depth concepts relating to the management of different verticals of a business. Finance, marketing, sales, logistics and operations are a few of the pillars on which an effective and efficient business stands astute, and online MBA courses are equipped to develop essential management skills and practical experience in aspiring students.
How are online MBA courses different?
After years of conventional classroom studies, online MBA courses come across as something revolutionary yet scary. It becomes important to be able to replicate the efficiency and effectiveness of the conventional education methods and at the same time bring something new to the table. Online learning platforms and well-designed courses provided by top universities have come in handy. Colleges like Jain University, with their online MBA programme, have contributed to making the transition smooth and effective.
Online MBA courses bring in uniqueness by well-designed and furnished modules, which students can learn at any time and from anywhere in the world. This has led to a diverse intake of students from all around the globe. Also, students can assess their own progress, at their own pace. This leads to a better understanding of concepts. Course structures by top colleges like Jain University have also brought in mentorship programs and skills labs to inculcate practical, hands-on experience, which is rather necessary for management programs.
MBA is one of the most essential degrees to get into the dynamic world of business management. Students are blessed to have so many resources available to them, from the comfort of their homes.
Skill sets to learn in online MBA courses
The skills that an MBA inculcates in a student remains more or less the same in both online and offline modes of education. Apart from one specialization, students must also have an overall idea of all different verticals of business administration like finance, marketing, sales, operation and logistics. The various skills that online MBA courses develop in students are:
- Business management
- Analytical skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Team-building skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to break down all problems
- Solution-oriented approach
Colleges like Jain University, with their carefully developed online modules, make sure that a student gets a good hold of all the skills required to thrive in the management sector.
Different specializations to choose from
Online MBA courses give you the liberty to look at the larger picture, as well as dive into the details of one or more areas of study related to the different pillars of a business. Each specialization in MBA is highly detailed and to master it completely, one must carefully focus on how it affects the business independently, and as a whole. The various specialisations in which one can do MBA are:
- Sales and Marketing- equips candidates with marketing and sales skills like brand management, content marketing, advertising, Public Relations, product marketing, marketing analytics and consumer trends.
- Finance- Regarded as one of the most difficult yet fulfilling specializations that demand strong mathematical, accounting and theoretical skills, all of which will be beneficial in a finance-related job and bring you one step closer to a fruitful career.
- Operations- Teaches you how to manage and look after the day-to-day business transactions and processes. Subjects mainly include business statistics, materials management, financial accounting and management, logistics, and supply chain management. Jain University’s online MBA course in operations is regarded as one of the best.
- Human Resources (HR) – Focuses on developing people as resources and learning methods of employee motivation and retention and distribution of assets and resources.
With the changing and evolving world, education systems and processes must also change. With the internet and technology reaching almost every corner of the country, education is no longer specific to one location. One can learn from any part of the world, only if they have the will and self-discipline to conquer all obstacles and follow their passion.