Monsoon refers to a seasonal wind system that affects the Indian subcontinent and other regions of the world. The monsoon is characterized by a shift in the prevailing wind direction, which brings heavy rainfall to the affected regions. So, this is why it is very important to take care of your health during the monsoon season.
Read here to know. You can also check wellhealthorganic.com:weight-loss-in-monsoon-these-5-monsoon-fruits-can-help-you-lose-weight.
Why is it necessary to take care of health during the monsoon season?
It is important to take care of health during the monsoon season because the increased humidity and rainfall can create conditions that are conducive to the growth and spread of various infections and diseases. Here are a few reasons why:
- Waterborne diseases: During the monsoon season, there is an increased risk of waterborne diseases like cholera, typhoid, and hepatitis A, as heavy rainfall can contaminate the water supply with sewage and other pollutants. It is essential to drink safe, purified water and avoid eating raw or uncooked foods.
- Vector-borne diseases: Mosquito-borne diseases like malaria, dengue, and chikungunya are also prevalent during the monsoon season as the stagnant water provides a breeding ground for mosquitoes. It is important to take measures to prevent mosquito bites, such as wearing long sleeves and pants, using mosquito repellent, and keeping the surroundings clean and dry.
- Respiratory illnesses: The increased humidity during the monsoon season can exacerbate respiratory illnesses like asthma, allergies, and bronchitis. It is important to keep the surroundings clean and dry and avoid exposure to damp and moldy areas.
- Foodborne illnesses: During the monsoon season, it is important to avoid eating street food and uncooked or partially cooked foods, as they can cause foodborne illnesses. It is best to eat freshly cooked food and fruits and vegetables that are thoroughly washed and cleaned.
So, this is why giving yourself the best care during the monsoon season is much important.
5 Monsoon fruits you should consume:
Consuming seasonal fruits during the monsoon season can provide essential nutrients, boost immunity, and help prevent infections and illnesses. Here are five monsoon fruits that you can consume:
- Mangoes: Mangoes are a popular monsoon fruit, this is rich in vitamins A and C, antioxidants, and fiber. They help boost immunity, aid digestion, and protect against various diseases.
- Jamun: Jamun, also known as black plum or java plum, is a tart and tangy monsoon fruit that is rich in antioxidants and fiber. It helps regulate blood sugar levels, aids digestion, and improves heart health.
- Litchi: Litchis are a sweet and juicy monsoon fruit that is rich in vitamins C and B-complex, fiber, and antioxidants. They help boost immunity, aid digestion, and improve skin health.
- Peaches: Peaches are a juicy and delicious monsoon fruit that is rich in vitamins A and C, fiber, and antioxidants. They help improve digestion, boost immunity, and protect against various diseases.
- Pears: Pears are a sweet and crunchy monsoon fruit that is rich in vitamins C and K, fiber, and antioxidants. They help improve digestion, regulate blood sugar levels, and improve heart health.
Overall, it is important to consume seasonal fruits that are fresh and hygienically prepared to ensure maximum health benefits. But always remember to wash the fruits thoroughly before consumption to remove any dirt or pesticides.
However, to know about health care tips for monsoon, let us know.